Like Night in the Woods is a popular indie game that was released in 2017. The game follows Mae Borowski, a 20-year-old cat who returns to her hometown of Possum Springs after dropping out of college. Upon her return, Mae reconnects with old friends and tries to uncover the mystery of what happened to her missing friend, Bea. If you enjoyed playing Night in the Woods, here are five other games that you might enjoy.
- Oxenfree: Oxenfree is another popular indie game that was released in 2016. Like Night in the Woods, Oxenfree is a narrative-driven adventure game with a cast of colorful characters. The game follows Alex, a teenage girl who accidentally unleashes a supernatural force while attending a party on an abandoned military island. If you’re looking for another story-rich indie game to play, Oxenfree is definitely worth checking out.
- Life is Strange: Life is Strange is an episodic adventure game that was released by Square Enix in 2015. The game follows Max Caulfield, a teenager who discovers she has the ability to rewind time. When Max’s best friend Chloe Price goes missing, Max uses her power to try and find her. Life is Strange is an excellent choice for players who enjoy games with choices that affect the outcome of the story.
- Gone Home: Gone Home is a first-person exploration game that was released in 2013. The game takes place in 1995 and follows Katie Greenbriar, who returns home from college to find that her family has mysteriously vanished. As Katie explores her family’s empty house, she piece together what happened to them. If you’re looking for another exploration-based game with a focus on storytelling, Gone Home is worth checking out.
- Firewatch: Firewatch is a first-person adventure game that was released in 2016. The player takes on the role of Henry, a man who takes a job as a fire lookout in Shoshone National Forest after his wife is diagnosed with early onset dementia. While working as a fire lookout, Henry begins receiving strange radio transmissions that lead him to investigate illegal activity in the forest. Firewatch is an excellent choice for players who are looking for an engaging mystery to solve.
- What Remains of Edith Finch: What Remains of Edith Finch is a first-person adventure game that was released by Giant Sparrow in 2017. The player controls Edith Finch, who explores her family’s home after she learns that she is the only surviving member of her family. As Edith explores her family home, she finds out more about her relatives and how they all died. If you’re looking for an atmospheric and emotionally powerful story, What Remains of Edith Finch should definitely be at the top of your list.
If you enjoyed playing Night in the Woods, then you’ll definitely enjoy playing any one of these five games. All of these games are narrative-driven and focus on telling an engaging story. So, if you’re looking for your next gaming adventure, be sure to check out any one of these five excellent choices.
What games are similar to Night in the Woods?
Games similar to Night in the Woods would include games such as Journey, Inside, and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. All of these games share a focus on exploration and storytelling, with mechanics that are simple enough for players of all ages to enjoy.
What should I play after Night in the Woods?
If you’re looking for something similar to Night in the Woods, I would suggest playing Oxenfree. It’s another story-driven game with beautiful graphics and an engaging plot. The two games have a very different feel to them, but both are well worth playing!
What games are like Firewatch?
Games like Firewatch are typically first-person adventure games with a strong focus on story and exploration. They often take place in beautiful, outdoor environments and allow the player to interact with various characters and items in order to progress the story.
Other popular first-person adventure games include Gone Home, Dear Esther, and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. If you’re looking for something that’s a little more action-packed, try games like Uncharted or Tomb Raider.