Banarasi silk sarees are undoubtedly some of the most luxurious and coveted pieces of clothing out there. If you’re considering wearing one for the first time, or if you’re just looking for a little refresher on how to put it on correctly, read on for a guide on how to wear a heavy Banarasi silk sari.
What is a Banarasi Saree?
A Banarasi Saree is a traditional Indian attire that is popular in India. It is a colorful saree that falls to the floor and is worn with a blouse or jacket. The banarasi silk jacquard saree has a heavy fabric, usually made of silk, and it is usually adorned with detailed embroidery.
How to Wear a Banarasi Saree?
When wearing a Banarasi Saree, follow these steps:
1. Check the length of your saree before you wear it. A Banarasi Saree should fall to your feet unless you want it to be shorter. If it falls below your feet, hem it so that it covers your feet completely.
2. Before wearing the saree, remove the blouse or jacket so that the saree can be worn on its own. You can also place the blouse or jacket over a chair or table so that you don’t have to take it off while wearing the saree.
3. Once you have removed your blouse or jacket, put on a matching shawl or scarf if you want. This will help keep you warm during colder weather.
Types of Banarasi Saree
A Banarasi Saree is a revered garment worn by women all over the world. It’s known for its intricate and beautiful design, which typically features heavy silk fabric. However, knowing how to wear a Banarasi Saree correctly is essential if you want to make a good impression. Follow these tips to ensure that your sari wardrobe will look its best.
When choosing a Banarasi Saree, be sure to consider your body type and figure. The fabric can be quite heavy, so it’s important that you choose the right size and style for you. A Banarasi Saree should fit snugly around your waist and hips, but should not be too tight or restrictive on your movements. If you’re in between sizes, go with the larger option.
When wearing a Banarasi Saree, it’s important to keep in mind the traditional way of wearing it. This means keeping your hair loose and out of your face, and wearing minimal jewelry. A simple necklace or earrings will do the trick. When it comes to shoes, slippers are always a good option – they won’t damage the floor
How to Wear a Banarasi Saree
If you are planning to wear a indian traditional saree it is important to know how to wear one properly. Follow these tips for a perfect look every time.
1. Start by choosing the right fabric. A Banarasi sari is made of heavy silk, so make sure you choose the right fabric. A light silk will not hold up well against the weight of the sari and may become see-through or even shapeless. A good option is muslin or chiffon; they are both lightweight and will drape beautifully over a body.
2. Make sure your size is correct. A Banarasi sari will feel very heavy on your body, so be sure to choose the right size. It’s best to go with the measurements given by the seller, rather than relying on your own intuition or guesswork. If in doubt, err on the side of caution and order a size up.
3. Beware of fraying edges. Silk is delicate, so be careful not to snag it on anything while wearing it. Avoid pulling at the fabric too much; this could cause fraying and damage to the sari’s edge. Instead, let it flow freely around
Tips for Wearing a Banarasi Saree
If you’re considering donning a Banarasi silk sari, there are a few things you need to know before hand. First and foremost, make sure to choose the right size. A standard fit will be fine for most, but if you’re on the plus side of measurements, go for the size up. Better yet, have your tailor take some of the slack out so the fabric hangs perfectly off your body.
When it comes to accessories, go for matching earrings and a necklace. Avoid large statement pieces or anything that might overshadow your outfit. Instead, opt for simple dangle earrings or a delicate chain necklace.
Now that you’re properly prepped and equipped, it’s time to hit the streets and show off your beautiful Banarasi silk sari! Remember to walk with confidence and keep your head up—the attention will be all yours when you step out in one of India’s most celebrated fabrics.
Wearing a heavy Banarasi silk saree can be an overwhelming experience. But don’t worry – we have put together a comprehensive guide on how to wear a Banarasi silk saree like a pro! From choosing the right blouse and skirt to adding jewellery, we have everything you need to get that perfect look. So download our guide and start styling your Banarasi silk sarees today!
I am Priya Varma, and I have been working as Content Writer at Rananjay Exports for past 2 years. My expertise lies in researching and writing both technical and fashion content. I have written multiple articles on Gemstone Jewelry like moldavite and other stones over the past years and would love to explore more on the same in future. I hope my work keeps mesmerizing you and helps you in the future.